Tips on Steam Inhalation and Sinus Rinse
This is one of the fastest ways to decongest and clear your nose and some of your sinus cavities, and is natural.
When I need to relieve congestion and acupressure is not working fast enough for me I do steam inhalations. This is, specifically, what I do:
- I put about a pint of distilled water in a medium size pan and heat it to a boiling point. Then lower the temperature to a medium level
Very carefully I place my entire face above the pan at least 20 inches away. For two reasons:
- I do not want to burn my face
I do not want to paralyze the cilia--the tiny hairs in the nasal and sinus cavity which move mucus in
the right direction
- the cilia beats at 17 strokes per second and this rhythm should not be disturbed
- some authorities attribute most sinus problems to the cilia's being impeded from doing its function properly
- I hold a thermometer in front of my face and do not allow it to rise above 101 degrees Fahrenheit, by adjusting the distance between my face and the pan
- Sometimes I use an ultrasonic cool steam humidifier instead of warm steam, if the water is not too cold this should work fine
- I inhale deeply for about 10-15 minutes according to my need
- I avoid going out to a cold temperature immediately after the inhalation
An easier and comparable way to clear your sinuses and nasal cavities when they are congested is to rinse them using some OTC sinus rinse or neti pot. A saline nasal rinse not only decongests that cavity, but can also bring relief during a bout with allergies, soothing those inflamed areas. Basically, a nasal irrigation involves flushing the nasal passages with a saline solution. By washing away excess mucus--as well as allergens, bacteria and environmental pollutants--nasal irrigation can:
- reduce inflammation
- runny nose
- post-nasal drip
- reduce infection
- decrease the need for sinus medications
- pull fluid from swollen membranes of the nose
- improves air flow
- help open sinus passages
A saline sinus rinse can have these properties:
- hyper tonic
Neti pots have gained wide acceptance in recent years as a way to do the rinsing. Personally, I have found that a plastic, resilient bottle is a bit easier to use and more compact when traveling. OTC sinus rinses come with packets containing the right amount of salt.
Over 20 pgs, including One-page Summary
The Best 3 Sinus Healing Systems:
Natural Medicine · Food · Acupressure
Combined Into One Fast-Acting
Unsolicited testimonials can't be wrong
You are right on
M. S., Md
It really works . . . Thank you
R. L., P. B., Fl
3 Steps to Quick Sinus & Mucus Freedom is the right thing
R.D., Cusi, Fr
I found your publication very helpful
This article really helped me, thank you so much!
Your advise has been quite helpful, less pain
3 Steps to Quick Sinus & Mucus Freedom is working well
K. M., L. A.
[the publication] was quite helpful
S. K., India
My sinuses are much better. Glad I followed 3 Steps. Tks.
E. W., Memp.
The [healing herb] really helps
R. L., P. B., Fl
Amazed with reasearch. Magnificent!
N. K., Forum
It's amazing to think how many doctors, medications, and tests I've gone through in the last three years . . . your information was by far the most helpful yet! Thanks again.
G. W., Parma Hts., Ohio
Use Any Major Credit Card
Will Process Your Order
For Best Secure Payment
If you prefer you can send a Check or Money Order
for $26.95 (overseas postal mailing US $29.95)
and I will send it by First Class Mail
Key Elements to
Right natural remedies
A combination of healing systems working synergistically (cooperatively) for your sinuses is the key to sinus healing
Combining empirical research and reading many sources of information is how I found this new approach
The right sinus relief is more than just taking medications. It involves: Right eating, botanicals, some regular medications & pressure points for the sinuses
Foods can significantly affect your sinuses. Learn which foods can cause problems and which ones promote healing